PIC Administrative Assistant
City : Vancouver, BC, CA, V6B4N7
Category : Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 168037
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job
The Administration Assistant is responsible for overall support to the PIC Regional Leadership team which includes direct senior administrative support to a Regional Director and general administrative support to the Regional Director’s direct reports which consist of Market Leaders and a Regional Operations Manager.
1. Support the Regional leadership team in day to day management of his/her schedule by:
- Establishing and co-ordinating calendars;
- Arranging /scheduling appointments on behalf of the officer;
- Anticipating scheduling conflicts / problems and providing alternatives;
- Establishing and maintaining a BF system;
- Providing receptionist support by receiving / screening / referring incoming calls/visitors using a high degree of discretion;
- Acting upon telephone / mail requests received in the senior officer’s absence.
2. Support the Regional Leadership team with correspondence by:
- Sorting and organizing incoming and outgoing mail;
- Dealing with correspondence as appropriate (responding, delivering, filtering);
- Composing correspondence for senior management officer’s signature;
- Producing material from written copy / rough notes;
- Transcribing dictation;
- Proofreading work /output against source documents;
- Monitoring / ordering / storing stationery supplies, including arranging for off-site storage and destruction of files / records;
- Setting up / maintaining filing systems;
- Booking travel arrangements, ensuring all requirements of officer are met.
3. Assist in maintaining the senior officer / department’s expense and other budgets by:
- Preparing entries / transactions and supporting documentation to process payments;
- Recording /inputting / documenting data to track, monitor and control expenses;
- Providing supporting information reports to management to support decisions;
- Producing statistical reports to assist in the budget processes.
4.Provide administrative support to Regional Leadership team by:
- Booking conference rooms/meeting rooms /arranging for catering services;
- Booking travel arrangements;
- Photocopying / binding documents;
- Faxing documents / e-mail messaging;
- Ensuring reception support (visitors / telephone messages);
- Arranging for or making urgent deliveries of documents / packages;
- Ensuring sorting/processing of incoming/outgoing mail.
5. Provide administrative support by:
- Verifying telephone bills/expense statements
- Ordering and managing stationery
- Gathering statistical information, presenting in organized formats and conducting simple analysis
- Preparing and submitting reports
- Maintaining records and information to ensure and control security access.
6.Provide PC services and/or support, by:
- Composing & producing routine correspondence;
- Producing documents from written material / rough drafts (e.g. letters / memos / reports); proof-reading work/output against source documents;
- Formatting and producing spreadsheets (Level 2 Complexity – advanced formulas);
- Maintaining information and/or data in departmental databases;
- Setting up presentations from written material / rough drafts (Level 2 Complexity – e.g. Power Point);
- Conducting back up of systems;
- Responding to requests for technical assistance relating to standard software issues.
- Responsible for the preparation of the offices bank account deposits.
- Provide office management support for region
- Provide onboarding/termination support for new staff joining the region
7. As directed, co-ordinate and facilitate the release of significant initiatives / communications or launches by:
- Liasing between groups, both internal and external, to ensure timely / accurate delivery of materials;
- Organizing steps, to move project through various stages of production, e.g. graphics / legal/printing / distribution;
- Contacting and arranging printing, production, receipt of signoffs, etc.
- Functional competencies
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of department’s policies and procedures;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities and manage time;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- High degree of accuracy required;
- High level of discretion required in dealing with confidential matters;
- Strong knowledge basic bookkeeping principles;
- Sound knowledge of business/bank terminology and departmental procedures.
- Strong and professional level verbal/written communication skills.
- Incumbent must be articulate.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong organizational know-how (structure, key staff).
- Competence in using all facets of Microsoft Office.
- Comfort and familiarity with CRM systems.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.