City : Guelph
Category : Part-time Hourly
Industry : *Allied Health Professionals
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As our Physiotherapist specializing in MSK Injuries and Chronic Pain, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and patients. This is a contract role and will be appealing if you are looking to extend or grow your current practice. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you'll be doing:
- Conduct thorough assessments of patients' physical conditions
- Develop individualized treatment plans, integrating physical therapy techniques tailored to improve mobility and enhance overall functional ability
- Implement evidence-based interventions, including therapeutic exercises, manual therapy, and other specialized techniques, customized to address the unique needs of patients with chronic pain and mental health concerns
- Collaborate closely with family physicians, nurse practitioners, registered massage therapists and other healthcare professionals to ensure an integrated approach to patient care
- Educate patients on self-management techniques and the role of physical activity in managing chronic pain, fostering empowerment and active participation in the recovery process
- Monitor patient progress, adjust treatment plans accordingly and maintain detailed and accurate patient records in compliance with healthcare regulations
- Contribute to a positive and supportive clinic environment, promoting a culture of compassion, understanding and empathy for patients dealing with mental health challenges and chronic pain
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Physiotherapy from an accredited institution
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Demonstrated experience or specialized training in managing patients with chronic pain and musculoskeletal injuries
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, their families and interdisciplinary healthcare teams
- Empathy, compassion and a patient-centric approach to care, emphasizing the importance of the mind-body connection in the treatment of chronic pain
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to manage a diverse caseload efficiently
- Dedication to ongoing professional development and a commitment to staying informed about the latest developments in the field of physiotherapy
- Awareness and acknowledgement of the value of using measurement-based care when supporting patients/clients to help guide clinical decision-making; experience an asset
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff, and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
- In-house client base waiting for you when you start
- Highly competitive percent-based compensation as an Independent Contractor
- Flexible working hours
- Reception services and full billing support
- On-site fitness facility and physiotherapy equipment
- Private treatment rooms and linens
- Daily cleaning services, cleaning supplies and PPE
- Amazing opportunity to build a practice
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration, and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal-opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity, and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive, and fulfilling lives.
Please apply online or email your resume and cover letter directly to Rebecca Thompson, Coordinator of Recreation and Fitness; email@example.com