At Rexall, we are community difference makers. Our hearts skip a beat when we meet talent who sees the bigger picture and wants to make an impact in our communities, our teams, and our business. This means finding even better ways to work, share ideas, and making a material difference in the Rexall journey.
We are leaders in health and wellness and a talent destination for over 7000+ Rexall team members. We are proud to be part of the McKesson family, ranked seventh in the fortune 500. Together, we are defining better health through innovation, service, and living the ICARE values. Talk about a dream team!
The road ahead is one of adventure and heart. Are you our next all star?
The Role: Pharmacy Practice Lead - Covering Calgary and Surrounding Central Alberta Markets
Reporting to the VP, Operations, the Pharmacy Practice Lead is responsible for providing pharmacy practice guidance and subject matter expertise within assigned districts. They will support the District Leads with identifying opportunities, developing and implementing action plans to deliver excellence of pharmacy initiatives, programs, and strategies to enhance the patient experience.
- Provides pharmacy professional practice guidance and subject matter expertise to district lead and pharmacists, and addresses pharmacy practice questions.
- Assists district lead with implementing new pharmacy programs within stores.
- Coaches pharmacy staff, as necessary, when pharmacy professional practice incidents occur (e.g., following submission of a Medication Incident Report).
- Assists district lead and pharmacy manager with resolving patient complaints.
- Ensures Pharmacy practices and procedures are in compliance with regulations and policies.
- Oversees pharmacy formulary compliance.
- Monitor store level pharmacy to ensure adherence to store systems and procedures for Perpetual Inventory, and dispensary workflow.
- Assists with the implementation of pharmacy marketing programs to ensure they are properly implemented at stores, including but not limited to clinic days, pharmacy services initiatives, callback, compliance programs and Rx pricing strategies.
- Support the recruitment and development of pharmacists and pharmacy interns.
- Provides leadership and motivation to pharmacy management by modeling the ICARE and ILEAD.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd.
- University degree relevant discipline; Business degree an asset.
- Licensed Pharmacist is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 6+ years relevant management experience; in a Pharmacy Management role preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate a large group.
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written.
The Rexall DNA:
- Ready to make an impact- You are mission-driven and want to make a difference
- Builds consensus- Your people-first mindset shows in all that you do
- Embraces change- You move fast and change excites you
- Drives achievement- You are wired to always exceed your personal best
- Overcomes adversity- You see the world as glass half full and embrace a good challenge
- Trail blazer- You love creating the path forward and being able to shape the future
- Fun- You think laughter is the best medicine and your positive energy is contagious
Side effects may include:
- A closely connected culture
- Competitive compensation, pension, benefits, personal days, employee discounts, and vacation time
- Fully utilizing your talent
- Professional growth and development via challenging projects and assignments
- Warm and fuzzy feelings knowing you have helped your community, your team, the business and social causes through the Rexall Care Network
Are you #Allin?
Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd. is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd. will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation he/she may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process