Pharmacy Order Entry Specialist
City : Barrie, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Business Support
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:UnitS 9 &10 - 526 Welham Road, Barrie, Ontario, L4N 0A1
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work-life balance.
Why this role is important?
Pharmacy Order Entry Specialist
MediSystem is a division of Shoppers Drug Mart and is a specialized pharmacy servicing seniors in long term care and retirement homes throughout Ontario for over 24 years. We currently service over 40,000 seniors across Canada. MediSystem is part of the Shoppers Drug Mart network of over 1,400 stores.
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
As a Pharmacy Order Entry Specialist, you will use your Pharmacy Assistant expertise within the pharmacy industry to specialize in the inputting of prescriptions into MediSystem Pharmacy's pharmacy computer system. Along with the accurate processing of the patient/resident prescriptions, you will also be responsible for entering and updating patient/resident electronic records.
You will use your strong communication skills to discuss important information between colleagues and external partners (physicians/nurses located at the long-term care facility), as it relates to the patient/resident prescriptions and their profiles.
What You'll Do:
Retrieve faxed or electronic physician's orders, prescriptions or requests for prescription refills
- Build relationships and be a critical point of contact for clients and patient caregivers
- Enter prescriptions, refills and prescription changes into the patient's record
- Create new patient profiles and maintain existing patient records on the MediSystem database
- Be responsible for billing prescriptions accurately to prescription drug plans and resolving billing issues
- Prepare prescription label printouts
- Organize dosing schedules for nurses and residents
- Plan ahead with nursing home teams to receive relevant order information to ensure continuity of patient care
- Navigating supply chain issues for medications with the team to ensure prescription orders continue to be processed on time
- Perform ad hoc tasks as required
What you will Need:
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Self-motivated with a passion for providing high quality client services and building relationships
- Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate through a variety of computer systems quickly
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work with several programs together.
To help you stand out, any or all the following are preferred
- An Undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a focus in the areas of science and/or healthcare
- Pharmacy related diploma/certificate
- Kroll software experience
- Pharmacy experience with Long Term Care
How you’ll succeed:
At MediSystem a division of Shoppers Drug Mart., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
What we offer?
- Colleague Discount Program
- Competitive Benefit Plan
- Comprehensive and hands-on training
- Employer Matched Pension
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
And Much More! This role requires employees to be flexible to work a variety of shifts during the business’ hours of operations, which include occasional weekend shifts and statutory holidays.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.