Pharmacy Operations Relief Coordinator – Atlantic Canada
City : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
To coordinate pharmacist relief coverage, both internal and external, for stores and act as a liaison between relief pharmacist (agency), Pharmacy manager and Director. Process, approve and validate invoices and maintain overview of relief spending. First line of contact for feedback and coordination of relief pharmacists.
Job Description - Remote
Build the process of managing relief pool in an effective manner
- Schedule relief pharmacists (internal and external) to cover vacations and absences in stores
- Ensuring relief shifts are covered within timely manner
- Manage availability of internal relief pool and identify risks where external relief needs to be engaged
- Act as a liaison between Relief Pharmacists, the Director, and Pharmacy Managers.
- Ensure Relief Pharmacists are up to date on all corporate training and communications as required
- Connecting with relief pharmacists, as needs require
- Reviewing and approving expense reports for relief
- Manage invoice processes and tracking with external relief vendors
- Liasing with TAS’ on recruitment and hiring of Relief Pharmacists
- Provide regular reporting to Senior Leadership on Relief activity, spending, recruitment etc
• Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines
• Ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment
• Proactive and resourceful seeking out new and efficient way of executing the processes.
• Ability and desire to use new communication tools.
• Ability to work efficiently
• Flexibility in scheduling, able to work evening and weekend as necessary
• Strong sense of urgency
Education and Experience:
• Previous experience in a pharmacy setting preferred
• Experienced with Microsoft tools – word, excel, powerpoint
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.