Pharmacy Manager – Whitecourt, AB (Signing Bonus)
City : Whitecourt, Alberta
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians provides employees a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At No Frills, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We have opportunities for hard working, enthusiastic and reliable people just like you.
Here at Loblaw, we take pride and ownership in helping Canadians live life well. We’re looking for talented colleagues who are passionate about providing an exceptional shopping experience for our Pharmacy customers and delighting them every step of the way! We can offer progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility and a great benefits package! Come share our vision and passion in delivering a superior customer experience. Be a part of our growing Health & Wellness philosophy that includes: Pharmacy, Dietitian, Medical and Optical services.
This position reports to the Director of Pharmacy Operations and is responsible for receiving, preparing and delivery of Rx accurately and timely. Ensuring adequate inventory levels to meet patient’s needs, and counsel with appropriate documentation to all patients. Provide friendly, positive and pro-active interaction with all internal and external customers as well create awareness and educate customers through public relations. As well, supervise and provide guidance and direction to staff, with the accountability of the financial and operational success of the department.
What you'll do
- Supervise and provide guidance and direction to staff
- Responsible for hiring and managing the performance of staff
- Accountable for the financial and operational success of the department
- Prepare, dispense and control medications accurately and timely to patients
- Ensure medication and over the counter supplements inventory levels is adequate to meet patients’ needs
- Counsel of patients in regards to new and additional medications in a friendly, positive and pro-active interaction
- Create awareness and educate customers through public relations (public health days, clinics, etc.)
- Provide timely and positive resolution to patient’s needs and Doctor’s requests/issues
- Obtain and review budgeted sales and net contribution
- Identify and report sales opportunities both internally and externally
- Review and control costs at all levels within Loblaw Pharmacy (dispensary)
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy and a Class A Pharmacists license a must
- Preferably at least 3 years experience in retail pharmacy environment
- Strong verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong people management skills and the ability to motivate and coach others
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Proven ability to build the business using community based marketing strategies
- Strong problem solving skills including the experience formulating and executing action plans
- Strong personal computing skills, as well as knowledge of KROLL Pharmacy Computer system a definite asset
If you want to join a fast-paced winning team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you!
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our employees progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our employees, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.
NOTE: The Employer noted in this posting is an independently owned corporation (“Franchisee”) which is licensed to use the “No Frills” trademark(s) by Loblaws Inc. Applicants hired by a franchisee will be employees of the franchisee. No employment or similar relationship will be created between the applicant and Loblaws Inc. or its affiliates.