Pharmacy Inventory Specialist
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Supply Chain & Distribution
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
The inventory specialist at SDM6003 -Specialty Health Network, will oversee all aspects of inventory management and financial stewardship for specialty medications at the pharmacy. This role will be critical in ensuring smooth operations within the pharmacy and to ensure timely delivery of specialty medication to patients and prescribers.
- Maintain the optimal stock of inventory at Pharmacy to pre-specified minimum stock
- Set up accounts with specialty distributor as needed
- Identify procurement process for all specialty molecules
- Receive daily orders and place orders adhering to set polling times
- Ensures Proper documentation is completed with respect to the receiving and return of goods
- Ensure pricing accuracy across systems
- Use PDT and MMS systems to perform daily tasks – receiving products, cycle count etc.
- Completes daily reports of inventory discrepancies
- Process claims for discrepancies and expired goods in timely manner
- Stock supplies to shelves on daily basis and rotate the stock accordingly
- Oversee management and organization of CU stock
- Action Recalls and find alternatives when products are unavailable
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s inquiries and concerns; must determine the cause of the problem and determine the best solution to solve the problem
- Build, establish and maintain open lines of communication with their team, peers, trainers, Managers, and all other areas of the Company to facilitate in learning and problem solving
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport with every interaction, ensuring quality service is provided to both internal and external clients
- Act as second level support related to inventory for other SHN pharmacies
- Oversee and action quarterly inventory counts for 6003 and coordinate activities with other SHN pharmacies
- Coordinate with Retail Specialty Support team to action stock transfers across the network as required
- Participate in enterprise system and technology projects as inventory SME for the business
What you will need:
- Experience in merchandizing, pharmacy, or warehouse operations
- Strong attention to details, interpersonal and communication skills including ability to work in a cross-functional environment and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and consistently meet deadlines
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to thrive in a fast pace’s environment
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (i.e., word, excel)
- Experience in MMS and SAP an asset
*This role is an on-site position at 1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, ON
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.