Pharmacy Data Specialist
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Business Support
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work-life balance.
Why this role is important?
As a Pharmacy Data Specialist, you will use your Pharmacy Assistant expertise within the pharmacy industry to specialize in the inputting of prescriptions into MediSystem Pharmacy's pharmacy computer system.
Along with the accurate processing of the patient/resident prescriptions, changes, and refills, you will also be responsible for entering and updating patient/resident electronic records.
You will use your strong communication skills to discuss important information between colleagues and external partners (physicians/nurses located at the long-term care facility), as it relates to the patient/resident prescriptions and their profiles.
What You'll Do:
- Retrieve faxed or electronic physician's orders, prescriptions or requests for prescription refills
- Enter prescriptions, refills and prescription changes into the patient's record
- Create new patient profiles and maintain existing patient records on the MediSystem database
- Prepare prescription label printouts
- Perform ad hoc tasks as required
What You’ll Need:
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Self-motivated with a passion for providing high quality client services and building relationships
- Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate through a variety of computer systems quickly
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills and attention to detail (for the entry of prescriptions)
- To help you stand out, any or all of the following are preferred:
o An Undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a focus in the areas of science and/or a Pharmacy related diploma/certificate is preferred
o Previous work experience using Kroll is an asset
o Previous work experience / knowledge with weekly dispensing either in multi-dose packaging or compliance packaging is an asset
This role requires employees to be flexible to work a variety of shifts during the business’ hours of operations, which include occasional weekend shifts and statutory holidays.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.