Pharmacist (Walk-in Clinic) – Stettler, AB
City : Stettler, Alberta
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Location:4718 50 Street, Stettler, Alberta, T0C 2L0
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we are committed to leading the evolution of pharmacy practice in Alberta and expanding the role of the pharmacist in a community setting. We are excited to announce that we are hiring Pharmacists for a Pharmacist Walk-in Clinic at this location. This would be a huge opportunity to directly impact day to day health outcomes in underserviced communities.
We have a unique opportunity for a pharmacist who is ambitious and passionate about patient care and is looking to take down barriers while building meaningful relationships with people in their community. This is an exciting opportunity for you to leverage full scope of practice in a special walk-in clinic environment.
What you’ll do:
- Patient assessments to prescribe new medications/extend existing medications
- Travel Health Consultations
- Chronic Disease Management via medication reviews
- Administration of medications by injection
- Point of Care screening/swabs
- Providing lab requisitions and interpreting lab results
- Collaboration with other HCPs to establish circles of care for patients
- Dispensary activity and pharmacy workflow activity as required
- Counselling patients on prescription medication use
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Alberta Pharmacist License
- Additional Prescribing Authorization (APA) certification or currently pursuing certification
- Injection Certification
- A minimum level C First Aid certification
- Additional accreditations are an asset (e.g., CDE, CRE, CTH, etc.)
- Knowledge of HealthWATCH® pharmacy software an asset
- Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills including the experience formulating and executing action plans
If you want to join a fast-paced winning team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you!
Additional information will be communicated during the interview process.
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.