City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Service Reliablity and Performance Engineering in Service Reliability Technology, the Performance Architect is a strategic role that will evolve our performance engineering practices for our IT and Digital services. The candidate will operate in a cross-functional, collaborative manner that pro-actively identifies more effective ways to design, implement, and measure our service performance that our customers expect in today's modern applications.
- Improve Service Reliability and Performance within Rogers by overseeing the system performance lifecycle and identifying key metrics for performance improvements in both pre-production and production environments.
- Review end-to-end service flows and identify opportunities to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability. Understanding how the high-level designs support the performance requirements and identifying performance risks. Lead planning activities to mitigate the key performance risks.
- Collaborate with Developers, Product Owners, Systems Analysts, and Engineers to define non functional requirements that will characterize system performance, develop performance test strategies, test plans, successfully execute, analyze and report results, and provide suggestions for further performance improvements. Ensure all aspects of environment, data, and tooling/automation requirements are captured, communicated and accepted by other stakeholders, and in place prior to performance testing windows.
- Work closely with Service Reliability Engineers to define key service level indicators, service level objectives, performance metrics, and introduce monitoring and alerting capabilities. Work closely with automation engineers to identify new capabilities that will result in self healing and low/no touch performance improvements.
- Lead troubleshooting activities, identify bottlenecks, perform root cause analysis, and provide suggestions for end-to-end service flow tuning.
- Identify and implement opportunities to help transform the Performance Testing function to a Performance Engineering function.
- Develop and integrate proactive and predictive performance monitoring capabilities into our testing practices.
- Continuously raise our standard of quality engineering excellence by proactively looking out for problematic signs that may affect product performance and our customers' experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or IT related major
- Performance Engineer with a 7-10 years in performance engineering, hands on experience on Performance Testing tools like Load Runner(must have), Jmeter, Dynatrace (must have), Splunk. and solid Azure Cloud expertise
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written.
- A critical thinker with desire to improve system performances.
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Python, C, C++, Java
- Experience on Linux RHEL/SLES/Ubuntu
- Experience with Python/Perl/awk/bash scripts. Capable of writing programs to automate testing/data manipulations.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, logging, monitoring, infrastructure configuration, application and network protocols.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, and NFS.
- A keen eye to spot interesting patterns and regularities/irregularities from massive amounts of data.
- Expert professional knowledge of testing methodology, best practices and processes (including but not limited to automation, performance and data management methodologies).
- Proficiency in developing test plans and strategies and can lead test execution activities for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- A thirst for innovation and maintain a pulse on advances in industry trends and technologies (AI/ML, analytics, automation, chaos engineering).
- Intellectual curiosity, hyper focused and persistence. You are not easily satisfied with hypothetical explanation but are driven to flush out the truth.
- You thrive on being accountable and owning your work from end to end and demonstrate your attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Possess a positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge within your team and organization.
- May occasionally require working out of core business hours
Schedule: Full time
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment