Patient Service Centre (PSC) Assistant
City : Prince George, BC, CA
Category : Client Services
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 382 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 6,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practices, and business development opportunities. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Patient Service Centre Assistant to join our team in Prince George, BC (1669 Victoria St).
As a Patient Service Centre Assistant, you are responsible for safe, accurate and efficient collection of patient information from the initial greeting of the patient to the accurate data entry of patient information to ensure smooth specimen collection process and proper patient flow in and out of the centre. You will also perform other duties related to keeping the PSC in operational order.
This is a casual role with flexible shifts.
- Greet patients upon arrival at the lab, review requisitions for accuracy, request information as required from patients, determine if patients have followed necessary test preparation protocol prior to specimen collection and provide instruction to patients regarding the specimen collection process.
- Accurately enter computer required patient demographics, requisition information and any additional information related to the processing of test results.
- Accept and reconcile patient specimen drop-offs
- Cash collection and reconciliation for uninsured testing.
- Print and deliver reports to physician offices if required.
- Maintain adequate stock of supplies for specimen collection and preparation.
- Prepare personal time sheets, maintain manuals and other related files.
- Perform all assigned activities according to current LifeLabs Policies and Procedures including equipment maintenance, quality control, SPP, etc.
- Assist in problem solving related to workflow and PSC organization and provide input, as required, at team meetings.
- Stay informed and comply with all safety regulations as they relate to the PSC environment (i.e., WHMIS, TDG, LifeLabs Safety manual, Infection Control).
The right person for this role will be focused on great customer/patient service. Other requirements include:
- High school graduate or equivalent experience.
- Good computer skills with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills when dealing with clients and doctors and other contacts especially in stressful situations.
- Knowledge of IntrLab is an asset.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today!
Hiring Range: $22.74
The hiring range has been established, however, the final salary recommendation will be determined based off the level of experience, education requirement, external market conditions and internal equity.
Retirement Savings Plan:
The LifeLabs plans provide members with an easy way to save for retirement. By participating in the plan, you receive contributions made to your account on your behalf from LifeLabs.
In this position, you will be entitled to vacation pay, which will be applied to each pay.
Employee Giving program:
Designed to support any employee who donates, fundraises or volunteers for a Canadian Registered Charity or Non-Profit Organization.
In addition, LifeLabs offers professional development and membership reimbursement, access to preferred rates and discount programs - WorkPerks, Home and Auto Insurance, Costco Membership, etc. - and Optional Health-related Benefits.
Make a difference - join the LifeLabs team today!
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com.
Vaccinations are highly encouraged at LifeLabs’. Vaccinations may be mandatory for selected employees if regulated by provincial or regional governments, or through employer-led vaccination policies in the facilities we service. Please ensure you ask if this position requires the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated with the current Government approved COVID-19 vaccinations.