Patient Service Centre Assistant
City : Parksville, BC, CA
Category : Client Services
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 382 collection centers, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 6,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practices, and business development opportunities. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Patient Service Centre Assistant to join our team in Parksville, BC.
As a Patient Service Centre Assistant, you are responsible for safe, accurate and efficient collection of patient information from the initial greeting of the patient to the accurate data entry of patient information to ensure smooth specimen collection process and proper patient flow in and out of the center. You will also perform other duties related to keeping the PSC in operational order.
This position is mainly for the Campbell River and Courtenay PSC. Occasionally, you might also be required to work at Qualicum if needed. The successful candidate will be scheduled 20-37.5 hours/week.
- Greet patients upon arrival at the lab, review requisitions for accuracy, request information as required from patients, determine if patients have followed necessary test preparation protocol prior to specimen collection and provide instruction to patients regarding the specimen collection process.
- Accurately enter computer required patient demographics, requisition information and any additional information related to the processing of test results.
- Accept and reconcile patient specimen drop-offs
- Cash collection and reconciliation for uninsured testing.
- Print and deliver reports to physician offices if required.
- Maintain adequate stock of supplies for specimen collection and preparation.
- Prepare personal time sheets, maintain manuals and other related files.
- Perform all assigned activities according to current LifeLabs Policies and Procedures including equipment maintenance, quality control, SPP, etc.
- Assist in problem solving related to workflow and PSC organization and provide input, as required, at team meetings.
- Stay informed and comply with all safety regulations as they relate to the PSC environment (i.e., WHMIS, TDG, LifeLabs Safety manual, Infection Control).
The right person for this role will be focused on great customer/patient service. Other requirements include:
- High school graduate or equivalent experience.
- Good computer skills with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills when dealing with clients and doctors and other contacts especially in stressful situations.
- Knowledge of IntrLab is an asset.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today!
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.