Patient Care Specialist
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Why work at Specialty Health Network?
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training and development and many more perks!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
At Shoppers Specialty Health Network, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
The Patient Care Specialist (PCS) is the single point of contact for patients enrolled in a patient support program. The PCS is responsible for ensuring program service offerings are managed and delivered effectively with the highest quality customer service. This colleague is action oriented, tactful and empathetic, ensuring the patient has a positive experience working with Specialty Health Network through their treatment journey.
Nature and Scope
The Patient Care Specialist is the main point of contact for the patient, and in some programs, also the single point of contact for the group of physician clinics/offices within that territory. The Patient Care Specialist will work collaboratively with other Patient Care Specialists and a Case Manager/Field Case Manager for a designated territory, dependent on the program. The superior end to end support provided by this team will enhance the patient and physician
experience of the Support Program and drive positive patient outcomes. Attention to customer key performance indicators identified for the program is fundamental to this role.
What you will do
• Single point of contact for patients enrolled in the support program and prescribing physician, if applicable
• Conducts welcome calls to gather relevant information, introduces patients to the support program, and obtains patient consent as required.
• Informs the patient about all program offerings – for example case management support, reimbursement support, self-injection training, prescription coordination and ongoing compliance
• Understands the molecule(s) in full detail
• Maintains an expert level of knowledge of reimbursement mechanisms in the public and private arenas, specifically within assigned territory
• Acts as a patient advocate, exploring all options for funding of medications, determines coverage details and develops/maintains complete and accurate documentation required to facilitate a successful outcome of the reimbursement process
• Administers financial means tests and manages all aspects of financial assistance within the program as applicable
• Ensures coordination of program services to patients in an effective manner resulting in prompt and continued access to therapy; including self-injection training
• Works collaboratively with Program Management, other Patient Care Specialists, and Field Case Manager/Case Manager (program dependent) to address patients concerns or needs and escalations interrupting the patient journey
• Contact clients periodically to confirm adherence and coordinate delivery of medications (including date, time)
• Report all adverse Events (AE) and Product Technical complaints (PTC) immediately or as soon as possible upon becoming aware of the event as per current policies and procedures
What you will need
• College Diploma or University degree is required
• 2-3 years’ experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry, preferably working with directly with patients and with other health professionals (i.e. physicians, nurses, pharmacists)
• Experience with public (provincial and federal) and private third party drug reimbursement plans
• 2-3 years’ experience in a Customer Service or Call Centre setting
• Strong Computer skills in a Windows environment using MS Office and experience using a customer relationship database is an asset
• Bilingualism (French & English) preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a fast paced, team based environment
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to interact effectively with patients and clients
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information, data, and regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details and make decisions using sound judgement.
• Flexible to work longer hours, overtime as required
• Able to work flexible hours between 8:00AM to 8:00PM
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.