Pathways Projects Officer – Temporary Part Time (September 2023 – March 2025)
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Temporary Part Time (September 2023 – March 2025)
Hours: Up to 24 hours/week
Home Campus: Fennell
Rate of Pay: $20.56
Posting Date: September 1st, 2023
Closing Date: September 8th, 2023 at 7:00pm EST
We support and encourage the contributions of our diverse employees. We are committed to nurturing an equitable, diverse and inclusive (EDI) environment for everyone who learns and works at Mohawk College. We believe the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. As educators we believe it is important to act and show leadership in advancing the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in our community.
Mohawk College is currently recruiting for our next
Pathways Projects Officer
Reporting to the Dean, Continuing Education and Academic Development, the incumbent will provide support to the Pathways programs and events that facilitate student transition from Secondary School to College, College to College, College to University and/or University to College, including local, provincial, national, and international articulation agreements between Mohawk and partner institutions. This role will also support the mapping of internal Mohawk pathways between programs.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
Pathway Promotions – Marketing and Event Coordinating
- Participating in events such as Open House, Pathways Fair and Start Smart to assist students in potential pathways opportunities.
- Assisting in tasks leading up to the annual Pathways Fair.
- Coordinating virtual institutional visits and being responsible for scheduling, updating events calendars, marketing, and promotion and follow up.
- Creating Pathways maps using Canva that visually display how identified programs can lead to future programs choices and uploading them onto the program webpage using Content Management System.
- Editing program webpages with AODA changes using HTML.
- Communication with Associate Deans and program areas to review internal program pathways and update process maps accordingly.
Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 year diploma or equivalent in Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, General Bachelor of Arts.
- 1 year of experience in a related role.
- Familiar with MS Office, Canva, CMS, Excel, and HTML.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Event planning.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiple internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College prioritizes recruiting and retaining diverse employees. With this in mind, the College is committed to fostering inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (905) 575 - 2047.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
For more information concerning the Mohawk College strategic plan, please see: strategicplan.mohawkcollege.ca/