Part-Time Retail Staff
City : Markdale
Category : Retail Operations
Industry : Food and Beverage
Employer : The Beer Store
We are currently searching for Part-Time Retail Staff for Markdale, Ontario. We are looking for employees who are energetic, enthusiastic and share our passion and commitment to satisfying our customers.
Who We Are
Becoming experts on beer doesn't happen overnight - we've been in business since 1927 and we’ve established ourselves as the leading retailer and distribution channel for beer in Ontario. The Beer Store offers ownership to all Ontario-based brewers which means there's no other team of Beer Champions who live and love all things beer as much as we do. What is a "Beer Champion?" you ask...A Beer Champion isn’t just a customer favourite or a great teammate. We’re beer enthusiasts, health and safety advocates, environmental stewards as well as caring members of our local communities!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Stocking shelves, unloading delivery trucks, maintaining store cleanliness
- In this unionized role, you will be required to serve customers daily and process payment transactions
- You are required to follow current legislated social distancing practices and any other government mandated requirements
- You are expected to follow all health and safety procedures and must use all PPE provided
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who You Are - Your Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have completed High School and/or GED equivalent
- Must have a minimum 1 year of consecutive retail experience
- Must be able to comfortably lift up to 40lbs (over 18kg) for more then 100 ft (30 metres) for continuous periods of time
- Must be able to stand on your feet for 2 or more hours during a shift
- Able to performance basic computer functions
- Must be available to work weekends
- Willing to work at minimum wage: starting wage is $15.50/hour and it is subject to wage increases in accordance with our collective agreement
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to providing a respectful and empowering workplace that values our greatest resource, our people. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging are essential components of our culture that empower us to meet the needs of our employees, customers and communities. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds including racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and any other characteristic. We’re an equal opportunity employer and provide employment accommodation in accordance with provincial legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.
We genuinely thank you for your interest in this opportunity with us. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.