City : Whitby
Category : Part-time Health Care Provider
Industry : Hospital And Health Care
Employer : Sodexo
Hourly wage - as per Collective agreement
Schedule - as per schedules, generally 2 weekdays and alternating weekends.
As a Porter you will participate in the day to day operation of the kitchen that serves Long-Term Care Residents. Your role is responsible for serving food, delivering food, and associated cleanup and dishwashing, while monitoring and meeting food quality and safety standards.
You will ensure all quality standards are met and use your excellent customer service skills to foster a positive, resident-focused work environment. You may also be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- English written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow safe work procedures.
- Time management and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to work independently, detail oriented.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work routines or priorities.
- Physical ability to complete job tasks.
- Current (within last 5 years), or willing to take Foodsafe Level 1/food safety Certification
- Willing to complete Criminal Record Check via Ministry of Justice, and specified immunizations.
- Previous Dietary Aide / Food experience is an asset.
- Food Service Worker Certificate is an asset.
If you're looking for a role where you can truly impact the lives of others, click "I'm interested" for a quick 5-minute online application.
I understand that as a condition of my employment, I must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. By applying, I hereby certify that I have received two doses of government approved vaccines and that at least 14 days have past since the date of my last vaccination. I further understand that I will need to provide proof before starting work.
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs