Part Time Pool In-Charge – Toronto/East York District (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : Toronto
Category : Aquatics
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Important: Do not apply to this job opportunity if you are a returning City of Toronto employee, instead please complete an online scheduling form.
The Community Recreation Branch is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, community-based recreation programs and services to the diverse neighbourhoods of Toronto. We provide a variety of programs that promote the social and physical development for people of all ages, with an emphasis on children and youth. The Community Recreation Branch strives to ensure Toronto residents have positive recreational experiences that enhance quality of life and contribute to lifelong active living.
|Job Type:||Temporary, Part-time|
|Number of Positions:||TBD|
|District:||Toronto East York District|
|Division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Section:||PFR CR Community Recreation|
|Posting End Date:||07/15/2023|
To be responsible for and in charge of the administration and operation of the pool and on site programs.
Opens and closes the facility.
Ensures compliance with Ontario Health Regulations and all relevant Policy and Procedure manuals.
Ensures that facility and program staff levels are secured.
Ensures that all staff are qualified and trained in emergency procedures and skills required of their position.
Ensures that facility is appropriately equipped.
Executes emergency procedures and uses safety/rescue equipment.
Interacts with the public and staff to provide program information.
Coordinates, plans, organizes, and implements special events.
Performs administrative tasks to support the program including cash handling.
Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
Plans and implements staff training on site.
Performs maintenance/janitorial duties as required, which include but not restricted to change room/washroom cleaning and disinfecting, pool chemistry tests, vacuuming, backwashing, chemical balancing, and pool fouling clean up.
Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Current Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor, Lifesaving Instructor and Emergency First Aid Instructor certifications.
- Current Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard certification.
- Current LSSC Aquatic Supervisory Training/Aquatic Management Training or Equivalent (Preferred).
- Current Lifesaving Society Bronze Cross Examiner (preferred).
- Current Lifesaving Society Aquatic Supervisor or equivalent (preferred).
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training session.
- Current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation 'C' certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- One summers or one fall, winter, spring terms of experience as Instructor and Lifeguard.
- You possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). This is a mandatory course that will be provided to you at no cost upon obtaining a conditional offer of employment. You will be provided with course dates and details at that time.
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted. Be sure to check your email regularly, including junk/spam mail folders, and log in to your profile to see the status of your application under Jobs Applied.
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the Requisition ID and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.
Vulnerable Sector Check: One of the requirements for working with children and vulnerable adults is applicants providing the results of a Vulnerable Sector Check. For Recreation Worker positions, we are only able to consider candidates who obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check. Once an applicant is given a conditional offer of employment, we will obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check for applicants who reside within the City of Toronto. Applicants who reside outside of the City of Toronto will need to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check from their local Police Service. For further information on the vulnerable sector screening, please contact your local Police Service.