Part-Time Casual Writer Italian- OMNI News
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : News
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
OMNI Television, Canada’s only multilingual and multicultural television station is seeking a part-time writer to join our Italian newscasts in Toronto. The successful candidate will support the team in finding and developing compelling stories, writing clear and concise news scripts, and chasing leads on content.
What you will do...
- Work with reporters and assignment desk to generate compelling story ideas
- Pitch fresh and original stories
- Respond to breaking news quickly and accurately
- Edit, report, and voice stories for the newscast
- Organize material and write engaging, relevant and concise news stories under deadline
- Interview experts, guests, and sources within the community either in person or remotely
- Translate and repackage stories as required
- Other duties as required
What you will bring...
- Proven experience in journalism and media
- Ability to work in a dynamic group environment
- Knowledge of the cultural and political landscape in Canada, Italy and Internationally
- Experience writing, producing and/or reporting broadcast news content
- Field experience an asset
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and deliver under tight deadlines
- Superior communication, writing, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills, including knowledge of newsroom computer software
- Degree or diploma in journalism or broadcasting (or equivalent experience)
- Must be fluent in Italian and English, oral and written
- A team-focused attitude
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 286722
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media