Part-Time Casual Stager- Today’s Shopping Choice
City : Mississauga, ON, CA
Category : Scenic Design
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
This position calls for shift work on an on-call basis, and daily physical duties.
The Stager is responsible for executing and presenting the sets and products in a manner that will enhance sales as designed primarily by the Scenic Design department. The ability to identify and solve production problems is a prerequisite. Creative ability & knowledge of display techniques, composition basics as well as design/visual experience are required.
What you will do...
- Visually merchandise all products in a clear and enticing manner, so customers can see exactly what they will be purchasing, what the offer includes and what style options are available.
- Work with staging partner to review show priorities and discuss set plan information provided by Scenic Design Associates and Scenic/Staging Managers.
- Work with Scenic Design Associates to ensure vision is implemented on set. Assist with styling and scenic when necessary.
- Work with planning department on scripting challenges and necessary scripting adjustments during shift.
- Work with vendors/on-air guests and assist them with studio set up.
- Work with Showroom staff to check shows in advance and return completed items to showroom in a timely manner.
- Assist host and guest as necessary with product, supplies and props while in the studio and during the live broadcast.
- Ensure proper sign out of any items worn by hosts and guests is completed.
- Ensure guests/vendors/hosts/models do not leave the building with showroom samples.
- Maintain professional conduct while assisting all hosts, guests, models, planners and stylists in a fast paced environment
- Work with crew to obtain preview shots or other product shots as needed.
- Ensure all product set ups are camera ready, in working order and displayed in a manner to enhance sales.
- Be available during set changes for last minute adjustments.
- Make sure background of set is free of clutter (cords, tissues, water bottles and cables).
- Be available to change items on shows with more than one sku and to change the jewellery on models.
- Strike the set, which includes moving furniture to and from the sets. Ensure sets are neat and larger props are stored properly in our prop storage.
- Furniture Management in prop storage which involves pulling, lifting, and pushing furniture.
- Work may involve contact with individuals outside the organization to obtain information. ie. Vendors
- Load and unload showroom and props carts as necessary.
- Complete damage reports and missing reports.
- Complete daily shift feedback reports.
What you will bring...
- College diploma in Art, Visual Merchandising or Broadcast preferred
- Previous retail merchandising experience required.
- On and off figure styling and design experience an asset.
- Creative ability and knowledge of display techniques & composition basics are required. The ability to apply these theories to enhance displays on set is required.
- Detail oriented and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of the shift, as well as wear a broadcast headset for up to 8 hrs.
- Ability to learn rapidly, multi-task and adapt to changes, while maintaining an organized and positive environment.
- Heavy lifting, pushing and pulling of up to 40 lbs is required daily as well as bending and reaching; use of ladders may also be required (ladder training will be provided).
- Ability to work quickly and effectively in a team environment despite obstacles and time pressures.
- Flexible schedule, available to work with short notice, on holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of other areas of television is a definite asset.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office an asset.
- As part of the recruitment process, the selected canddiate will be required to complete a background criminal check
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”.
Schedule: Part time
Shift: On Call
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Scenic Design
Requisition ID: 293795
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media