Part Time Assistant Manager – Scotiabank Theatre Toronto
City : Toronto
Category : Part-time Customer Service
Industry : Entertainment
Employer : Cineplex
The GTA Ontario Region has an opening for the position of Part-time Assistant Manager for the Scotiabank Theatre Toronto, reporting to the General Manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional, skilled, team player for this location. If you think you have what it takes to be part of this team, this is your chance. Step forward and become part of our bright new future.
Assistant Manager Role
It is the Assistant Manager’s role to develop and apply management skills through hands on participation in management initiatives and tasks in order to make greater contributions to the success of the theatre both operationally and financially. The hands on management of guest service is the Assistant Manager’s primary responsibility. The Assistant Manager is responsible to assist the General Manager in workplace safety and health and to ensure incidents involving our staff or the general public is prevented thereby insuring the safe operation of the theatre.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Leading and Managing the team
- Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships through building trust, treating others with respect and demonstrating integrity.
- Encourage staff to work safely and prevent incidents.
2. Managing the Guest Experience
- Making guests and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions, developing and sustaining productive guest relationships by taking personal responsibility for guest satisfaction and loyalty.
3. Managing Cost Control
- On a daily basis analyze theatre performance compared to budget and forecast, initiate action/projects to drive the business forward and strengthen Cineplex Entertainment as the premier film exhibition company.
4. Managing Revenue Generation
- Directly responsible to exploit profit potential of the theatre throughout all controllable areas i.e. Merchandising and Marketing.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrate strong communication (oral & written), organization, management and leadership skills to lead a theatre team in a positive environment;
- Strong financial analysis skills;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to initiate innovative and creative sales and merchandising activities;
- Safe food handling certification;
- Sound understanding of Windows and MS Office;
- Knowledge of Vista POS would be an asset;
- Demonstrate a full understanding of provincial Health & Safety regulations and the company’s Health & Safety Policy;
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities, attend to employees development while continuing to meet financial targets and reporting responsibilities;
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- A post-secondary diploma in business administration, retail or hospitality management and/or a minimum of 2 years previous management experience in a theatre, fast food, restaurant, or similar environment.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Interested applicants, please apply today.