Parking Attendant – Toronto Blue Jays
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Game Day Events
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Are you interested in joining the Toronto Blue Jays Parking Team? This is your chance
The Toronto Blue Jays are looking for a Parking Attendant
Reporting to the Manager of Parking Operations, the parking attendant will be responsible for parking operation within the Rogers Centre. This includes operations in our daily underground lot as well as our Top of Ramp and Bus Lot locations during Blue Jay Games and Events at the Rogers Centre.
Parking attendant will assist guests with parking questions and spot locations as well as processing payments as required.
This role may be for you if:
- You enjoy motivating, energizing, and inspiring others
- You are hands-on and unafraid of taking on new challenges
- You thrive in fast paced high-volume working environments
- You love the Toronto Blue Jays!
- Responsible for the day to day operations within the parking garage.
- Using current POS system to process payments.
- Assist guests with directs and other questions as needed.
- Open/Close till for their shift.
- Balance tickets to sales at end of shift.
- Work Top of Ramp location, greeting guests on arrival, processing payment and guidance as required.
- Responsible for Bus lot Location, for all buses and overflow cars during TBJ games and event.
- Should be able to handle mobile POS units and cash comfortably.
- Required to follow reservation lists specifically in bus lot and manage space to ensure pre-booked vehicles are able to park without issue.
- Communicate with Manager of Parking on any issues or concerns immediately.
Parking Attendants must be able to work all 81 home games (evenings, weekends, and holidays) and other Rogers Centre concerts/events as required
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in English.
- Point-of-sale experience
- Parking Experience an asset.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions.
- Ability to work outside in warm/cold conditions
- A team player who will establish and maintain strong relationships with internal departments and game day staff to reach desired result
- Confident and effective communication skills – interpersonal, written, and verbal
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Must be able to multi-task and meet required deadlines
- Knowledge of the game of baseball and the Toronto Blue Jays is considered an asset
WHAT WE OFFER TO YOU
- Commitment to our team - we want you to succeed!
- Ongoing, hands-on training to help you develop your skills
- Excellent employee discount to use towards Jays gear
- A unique employment experience working for the only MLB team in Canada
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 6 Months
Work Location: 1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Baseball / Stadium Operations & Game Day Events
Requisition ID: 262801
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media