Paralegal Instructor – Remote
City : Remote
Category : Other
Industry : Education
Employer : Sprott Shaw College
Are you motivated by using your talents to support others? Come work for one of BC’s top private colleges!
Established in 1903, Sprott Shaw College is a private post-secondary institution with 16 government-designated campuses across British Columbia. We take great pride in educating and preparing our students for rewarding and relevant careers in Administration, Business, Trades & Design, Nursing & Healthcare, and Child, Family & Community Support.
Sprott Shaw College is one of the oldest colleges in British Columbia with over 120 years of storied history. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Paralegal Instructor is responsible for delivering components of the courses to students.
- Prepares, distributes, and explains all teaching materials using only pre-authorized or Sprott Shaw materials
- Ability to follow processes, policies, and procedures for all forms of assessments
- Maintain classroom organization while practicing COVID-19 preventative measures
- Participates in campus-level and organization-level meetings and events
- Attend monthly faculty and calibration meetings for program alignment
- Adheres to Sprott Shaw College policies including maintaining student confidentiality of student information
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing
Qualifications and Education
Instructors/facilitators must have an appropriate combination of education, occupational experience and teaching experience as follows:
- For career programs, a certificate/diploma/degree related to the field of instruction, supplemented by 24 months of occupational experience in the field of instruction or 10 years demonstrated experience in the field of instruction;
- For designated or recognized trade programs, an appropriate trade qualification supplemented by 48 months of occupational experience in the field of instruction;
- For all programs, institutions need to provide evidence by way of an annual performance review that all regular* instructors have adequate instructional skills and any identified shortcomings or areas for development in instructional design, instructional delivery, or educational outcomes must be addressed by the institution through appropriate professional development plans
* Regular instructors include: Instructors employed or contracted on a full-time basis; part-time instructors who are employed or contracted on a regular basis for more than two courses a year
- Knowledge of MS Office and/or database systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Service orientation
- Planning and organizing
What We Offer
- Reimbursement of practicing license or professional association membership fees
- Education and training allowance
- Tuition discount for spouse and children
- Comprehensive extended health benefits
- Disability and life insurance
- RRSP matching
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Work-life balance
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Sprott Shaw College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, national/ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, and/or disability.