Paper Mill Student Co-op – Toronto – Winter 2024
City : Toronto
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Paper manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands.
We have an excellent student program at J.D. Irving with formal and informal opportunities to meet and network with people from all across the business, including other students. This is a great experience that will provide you with real, valuable work experience that will allow you to challenge yourself and learn from industry-leading professionals!
- Pursuing a degree in Chemical, Process, or Industrial Engineering, or related fields
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is considered an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is considered an asset
- Lead meaningful projects in design, process improvement, and optimization
- Participate in team problem solving exercises by performing data gathering, investigation, and analysis
- Work with Operations and Engineering Departments to implement and improve systems and processes
- Contribute to site initiatives on Safety, Quality, Production, Maintenance, and Continuous Improvement
- Follow Site Safe Practices at all times
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Signing incentives for full-time roles for graduating students who have completed a work term within J.D. Irving (if applicable)
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.