Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
Packaging Operators contribute to the team while operating solid and liquid dosage packaging equipment. This function also includes line set up and assembly, operating material handling equipment, cleaning and sanitation of all related equipment and work areas. Packaging Operators are committed to continuous quality improvement involving the identification and implementation of process improvements.
You will monitor equipment functions, troubleshoot and correct minor equipment issues.
• Perform appropriate levels of cleanliness and housekeeping standards as outlined, consistent with the requirements for Good Manufacturing Practices
• Maintain equipment and tools in a clean and safe operating condition
• Read the production schedule and collect input from operators to understand goods movements, material requirements and key tasks for the shifts
• Stage totes and materials as required
• Manage cleaning requirements for common areas, including packaging storage rooms and clean up rooms
• Monitor and record all necessary packaging and cleaning/sanitation documentation
• Able to troubleshoot SAP discrepancies and adjust accordingly
• Maintain an updated and current training record and adhere to training timelines
• Function in compliance with all GMP’s, safety requirements and applicable standard operating procedures
• Participate, with leadership, in team and department meetings. Daily shift communications and communications with Supervisor, Manager
• Perform other related or assigned duties as required in all assigned areas
• Wear all protective equipment
• Instruct others in safe operation of equipment as required
• Understand and adhere to all health and safety aspects and S.O.P.’s
• Identify and report unsafe conditions / near misses
• Ability to utilize the incident database; timely determination of corrective action
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment with limited supervision
• Find opportunities for improvement
• Exhibit a mature attitude to promote an atmosphere of good communication and teamwork within the department
• Responsible for work area and equipment cleanliness and compliance to the standard operating procedure
• Ability to communicate with packaging employees both within and across shifts (resource requirements, escalation of issues, clear and concise handover)
• Occasionally will be required to work overtime to achieving packaging targets
• Minimum of High School Diploma or GED equivalency
• 2-4 years of Packaging Operator experience in a regulated environment
• Understanding of GMPs and GDPs preferred
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs and maneuvering of equipment
• Strong computer literacy; experience with SAP considered an asset
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)Job Function