Packaging Graphics Specialist – Contract
City : Mississauga - Financial Dr.
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
This Specialist Role will facilitate packaging graphic design creation/finalization between MLF Marketing and external design agencies and exclusively manage the execution of production art and prepress between external prepress and print vendors, including ensuring all required approvals are received and brand standards are maintained for all preprinted MLF packaging within required timelines (new launch or revisions to existing). This will be a hybrid role, with a requirement to be in office 3-4 times/week.Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by January 31. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Manage preprinted packaging copy/design revisions as communicated through SAP-RD process (pushing and pulling information to and from SAPRD per the tasks assigned)
- Source and provide estimates to Marketing for design and prepress, and work with Purchasing/Packaging Technology as needed to provide information required for preliminary costing evaluations as needed
- Source and distribute existing artwork files to design agencies for reference/starting point for new projects.
- Provide consultation on package design concepts and revisions, both creatively and technically
- Provide advisement and coaching to junior team members on the technical aspects of packaging/flexo prepress and printing
- Assess and approve artwork design for adherence to print process requirements and standards; managing the technical review of package designs with designers, pre-press and printers as needed
- Ensure integrity and consistency of brand standards, including logos and trademarks
- Co-ordinate the circulation of artwork and pre-press proofs for review and final approvals from internal stakeholders (Regulatory, Translation, Legal, Marketing/Sales, Packaging Technology) and external vendors as needed (designer, prepress, printer) ensuring 100% accuracy of printed package
- Proofreading artwork against previously approved versions for colours/separations, dieline, content and overall look
- Ensure consistent and accurate print quality across all print processes and substrates
- Attend press approvals, as required
- Maintain Master Product Folder with current released artwork and required approval documentation
- Monitor supplier (design, pre-press and plates) pricing and ensure estimates are received and forwarded to appropriate stakeholders
- Maintain a current user and industry knowledge of packaging prepress and print advancements
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong understanding of Packaging Prepress and Printing
- A team player with well‐developed “people interaction” skill set
- Strong system skills, including the ability to work with Acrobat, MS Office, SAP
- Proactive and performance driven, have a bias for action and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- University or college degree in a related discipline, eg. Graphic Communications Management and/or 5-10 years industry experience in CPG, Prepress or Printing
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.