Outside Janitorial Supervisor – Fly in/ fly out- Red Chris Mine (82912001)
City : Calgary
Category : Full-time Customer Service
Industry : Food And Beverages
Employer : Sodexo
Who we are:
- Tahltan Nation Development Corporation (TNDC) is the business arm of the Tahltan Nation. TNDC pursues sustainable and responsible business and economic development opportunities in the region that lead to employment, training and business opportunities for Tahltan members.
Accountable for maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of camp, office buildings, mill, crusher, and the TIA, TNDC, warehouse, truck shop, assay lab and various outbuildings around site
Serves as a working lead, coordinating activities of workers or service employees engaged in cleaning and/ or maintaining smaller less complex facilities of commercial, health care facility, school, residence hall, or other establishments.
▪ Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
▪ Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity. Responsible for the coordination of routine responsibilities of
subordinates and assigns.
▪ Responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site
▪ Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
▪ Performs day to day assignments in addition to lead duties.
▪ Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and
▪ Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the facilities team.
▪ Applies some complex skills appropriate for the position.
▪ Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the
requirements of the position.
▪ Applies knowledge of department policies and procedures, and utilizes a general
understanding of other departments' function
▪ Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
▪ Applies all applicable provincial and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
▪ Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
▪ Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
▪ Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
▪ Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
▪ May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
▪ Typically leads 3 to 10 employees.
▪ High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
▪ 3 or more years of related work experience.
▪ Previous supervisory experience preferred.
▪ Ability to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
▪ Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
▪ Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
▪ Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
▪ Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
▪ Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
▪ Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
▪ Knowledge of and proficiency in all provincial and local requirements related to all assigned work.
▪ Bilingualism (English / French) may be required, depending on location.
Certifications: Class 5 driver’s license
▪ Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
▪ Significant walking or other means of mobility.
▪ Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
▪ Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 15.88 kilograms/35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 22.68 kilograms / 50 pounds. May use mechanical aids to lift more than 22.68 kilograms / 50 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
▪ Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
▪ Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as
▪ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled,
temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
▪ The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
▪ Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulation