City : Saint John
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers?
The Order Picker performs a vital role in our shipping department. Order pickers assemble the products that are being delivered to our customers by ensuring that orders are accurate and in good condition.
We are currently hiring an Order Picker for our Kent store at 85 Consumers Drive, Saint John, New Brunswick
What you will do:
· Pick and assemble orders for same-day and next day deliveries to customers
· Maintain picking accuracy and responsibility for complete and correct shipments to customers
· Work with the shipper/receiver to ensure all products are available for picking customer orders
· Work well in a fast-paced environment
· Operate a forklift safely
· Perform other duties as required
What you will bring:
· Good organizational and planning skills
· Ability to perform repetitive, manual material handling without restriction requiring (but not limited to) the following physical abilities: kneeling, bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and grasping
· Previous experience in shipping and order picking is an asset
· Forklift License an asset
What we offer:
· A safe work environment
· Wellness program
· Scholarship and Bursaries
· Employee and Family Assistance Plan
· Employee discount
· Health and Dental Benefits
· RRSP contribution
· Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, RetailRecruitment@kent.ca
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you do not meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted