City : Edmonton, Alberta
Category : Part time
Industry : Optical
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Real Canadian Superstore, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
In this role you’ll be an expert on all things Optical. We are looking for someone who strives to curate a personalized experience for our customers that fulfills their unique needs. While doing so, you’ll partner with our amazing team who work collaboratively in creating a brand that values quality, and affordability. Our ideal candidate is someone who is keen on helping Canadians Live Life Well by embodying our Core Values- Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence.
The Optical market is evolving, and Loblaw has bold ambitions to continue to grow with it. Each of our 181 Optical clinics, conveniently located in our grocery stores, plays an important role in servicing our customers. By offering ease and convenience of a one-stop-shop we provide amazing service, incredible product quality and industry-leading value supported by the world-class PC Optimum program. We are on a mission to deliver affordable, high-quality eyewear to more Canadians.
· Help Canadians Live Life well by working with Canada's largest retailer! You will make a profound impact by providing vision care with the autonomy of leading one of our Optical departments.
· An opportunity to reach millions with our nationally recognized PC optimum brand.
· Great opportunities to partner with our shared services and grow within our organization. There are opportunities for everyone!
· We not only care about our customers, but our colleagues who work hard to make us who we are which is why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
What you’ll do:
· Deliver exceptional experience and build a rapport with customers.
· Inspire the team to provide best in class customer service by leading by example.
· Be an eye wear on the floor.
· Take measurements, fit, adjust, repair & dispense eyeglasses, contact lenses and specialty eyewear with a focus on customer satisfaction.
· Simplify and communicate optical terminology to our customers
· Manage store operations in the absence of the Manager.
· Order and receive product daily
What you’ll need to be successful:
· Provincially licensed within the jurisdiction and a minimum of 1-year Optical experience
· Management experience is an asset
· Knowledge of MS Office Suite
· Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong time management capabilities
· Enthusiastic and concise communication to meet & exceed customer expectations
· A love for fashion, eyewear, and the retail industry
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and value-driven products we’re here for our friends, neighbors, family members and colleagues.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.