Opportunities for Truck & Transport Mechanic – PEI
City : Charlottetown
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Motor vehicle and parts dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
TRUCK & TRAILER SHOP TECHNICIAN
Universal Truck and Trailer is Atlantic Canada's largest heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership featuring the most up-to-date dealer service bays in Southern New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. We are an authorized sales, service, parts & warranty dealership for premium products including Freightliner and Western Star. In addition, we service all makes and models for class 6, 7 and 8 vehicles, including luxury class RV's.
We are currently seeking full-time Licensed Truck & Trailer Shop Technicians with a strong work ethic and "Can Do" attitude to join our Charlottetown team.
- Education Required: Trade Certification or College Diploma
- Knowledge of Heavy Truck Garage safety principles and behaviors
- Understand completing work orders
- Complete timely diagnostics and quality repairs resulting in high customer satisfaction
- Maintaining orderly and clean working habits
- Reporting nonconforming situations
- Identify additional service and repair opportunities
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Shop Supervisors
- Perform preventative maintenance services to trucks and trailers
What We Offer:
- Salary: $35 - $40/hour depending on experience and licensing
- Quarterly bonus
- Flexible work schedule
- Registered retirement savings plan with company match
- Health, dental, vision and prescription benefits
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Maternity leave top up program
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Night shift premium available
- Saturday shift premium available
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Paid training
- Clothing and boot allowance program
- Tool allowance program
- Employee recognition program
- Company discounts
- Organized work environment with modern facility and equipment
- Excellent training programs and growth opportunities
To Apply for this Career Opportunity please submit an online application or contact our HR Representative on 506 271 0398.
We appreciate your interest in our company, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Universal Truck and Trailer is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.