Opportunities for Structural Designers
City : Saint-Andre
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Heavy and civil engineering construction
Employer : J.D. Irving
· Design cost-effective and easy to install residential and commercial roof, wall and floor systems conforming to building codes.
· Prepare engineered drawings, layouts, and job site packages.
· Provide customer service to contractors and homeowners.
· Create quotes for roof, wall, and floor systems.
· Train and assist less experienced designers.
· CET designation or Engineering degree is preferred.
· Minimum 2 years of structural or truss design experience.
· Able to read and interpret structural and architectural drawings.
· Strong attention to detail and capable of working independently.
· Self-motivated and effective problem-solving skills.
· MiTek experience is considered an asset.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· A safe work environment with Monday-Friday shifts
· Competitive wages and RRSP’s contributions
· BlueCross Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
· Disability and life insurance
· Employee and family assistance plan
· Employee discounts with partnering companies