Opportunities for Power Engineers
City : Canada
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Miscellaneous merchant wholesalers
Employer : J.D. Irving
OPPORTUNITIES FOR POWER ENGINEERS
Are you looking for a power engineer opportunity with a Company that invests in its people and operations? The Pulp & Paper Division is hiring for future opportunities within our Irving Pulp and Paper, Irving Paper and Lake Utopia Mills located out of Saint John and St. George, New Brunswick. We produce a combined 1 million tonnes of product and employ over 1000 employees.
The Pulp and Paper Division employs over 75 Power Engineers throughout our three sites. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Maintain equipment and optimize processes, including start up and shutdown and daily operations.
- Participate in day-to-day plant activities, including the troubleshooting of equipment/process issues.
- Perform clean-up, lifting and handling of materials, and other general housekeeping duties.
- Develop procedures and prepare equipment for maintenance in compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulations.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 3rd Class Power Engineering Certification or Completed 2 years post secondary education in Power Engineering with ability to write 3rd Class ticket
- 2nd Class or 1st Class Power Engineering Certification an asset
- An ability to work in a 24/7 operations on a shift rotation including days and nights
- An ability to work overtime to support operations as required
What We Offer:
- Competitive rates of pay ranging from $34 - $43 per hour depending on experience
- A flexible health, drug, dental, and vision plan
- RRSP matching program
- Paid vacation time
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Health & Wellness reimbursements, includes gym memberships and fitness classes
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities
Who We Are:
Our team operates within a highly technical, fast paced, competitive business and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today’s consumer markets. We are exceeding Paris Climate Accord Targets and, through our forest products supply chain, absorbing more carbon than we emit.
We are not just invested in forest products; we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to a successful team.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online today.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
JD Irving’s Pulp & Paper Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.