Opportunities for Parts Technician – SJ
City : Saint John
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Motor vehicle and parts dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
Universal Truck and Trailer is Atlantic Canada's largest heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership featuring the most up-to-date dealer service bays in Southern New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. We are an authorized sales, service, parts and warranty dealership for premium products Freightliner and Western Star Trucks. In addition, we service most makes and models for class 6, 7, and 8 vehicles, including luxury class RV's. We focus on exceeding customer requirements through continuously developing our team and building technical capabilities.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Parts Technician in our Saint John location. The successful candidate will need to be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who is willing to work as part of a team to provide excellent customer service.
- Greet customers via drop-ins or phone
- Provide timely responses to customer inquiries
- Obtain purchase orders, provide estimates and seek/provide Parts ETA
- Point of sale cash transactions
- Charge Parts to RO accurately and with complete information
- Update RO with accurate Parts ETA
- Alert Service when Parts arrive
- Maintain records of orders and the amount, type and location of parts and supplies on hand using manual or computerized inventory system
- Seek alternate sources for out-of-stock items
- Inventory management
- Shipping/ Receiving duties
- Participate in annual or cyclical inventory counts
- Contribute and participate in all 5S initiatives
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, ADP/CDK or other shop software considered an asset
- Truck industry experience preferred.
- Bilingualism would be an asset
- Previous experience in Parts role considered an asset
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages
- Quarterly bonus
- Registered retirement savings plan with company match
- Health, dental, vision and prescription benefits
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Maternity leave top up program
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Shift premiums
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Paid training
- Clothing allowance program
- Employee recognition program
- Company discounts
- Excellent training programs
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Universal Sales Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.