Opportunities for Operational Roles
City : Canada
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Miscellaneous merchant wholesalers
Employer : J.D. Irving
OPPORTUNITIES FOR OPERATIONS WORKERS
Are you looking for a career opportunity with a Company that invests in its people and operations? The Pulp & Paper Division is hiring for future opportunities within our four Pulp and Paper Mills located out of Saint John and St. George, New Brunswick. We produce a combined 1 million tonnes of product and employ over 1000 employees.
Roles and locations we are actively searching for talented people include:
Operations Support for our four operations:
- Irving Tissue
- Irving Paper
- Irving Pulp & Paper
- Lake Utopia Paper
Operational roles provide full time operation support and are responsible for field work tasks including but not limited to:
- Providing relief for various operating positions, including clean up, lifting and handling of materials and general labour duties.
- Operating motorized and non-motorized handling equipment such as a operating a fork-lift, loader, etc.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Minimum two-year post-secondary Diploma, some areas of education can include:
- Process Control Technology
- Chemical Technology
- Environmental Technology
- Or other related programs
- An ability to work in a 24/7 365 operations on a shift rotation including days and nights
- An ability to work overtime to support operations as required
- Must be able to work well within a Team and with minimal supervision
Who We Are:
Our team operates within a highly technical, fast paced, competitive business and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today’s consumer markets. We are exceeding Paris Climate Accord Targets and, through our forest products supply chain, absorbing more carbon than we emit.
We are not just invested in forest products; we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to a successful team.
What We Offer:
- Competitive rates of pay starting at $28 per hour
- A flexible health, drug, dental, and vision plan
- RRSP matching program
- Paid vacation time
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Health & Wellness reimbursements, includes gym memberships and fitness classes
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities
Our team operates with highly technical, fast-paced, competitive businesses and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today's consumer markets.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online today.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
JD Irving’s Pulp & Paper Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.