Opportunities for Manufacturing Operators – Fort Ed Tissue
City : New York
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Paper manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Scotties facial brand.
Are you an energetic individual with a Can-Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
Manufacturing Operators will be based out of Fort Edward, New York (1 Eddy Street, 12828). We are looking for Manufacturing Operators who desire to build their career and contribute to the success of our organization! Our operators make an average annual salary of $60k-$100k!
What We Offer
Irving Tissue is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- $24.11/hour to start; after probation $24.94 to $26.07
- 2 weeks of vacation, and sick time in first year
- Sundays Paid at Double-Time
- Paid Time Off from start
- Call-in Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness & Wellness Reimbursement
- 401K match at 5%
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Product Sale Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance within 30 days
- Optional Medical Spending Account
Your career path begins as a Manufacturing Operator with opportunities to promote to different departments and higher-level positions in our organization.
- Education Required: High School Diploma or GED/TASC required. Trade Certification considered an asset
- < 2 years Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to work rotating 12-hour shifts, which include nights and weekends
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, including experience working with tools and /or equipment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with computers and technology
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as a team member
- High degree of attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be organized and have demonstrated the ability to multi-task
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure the safe operation of our equipment and the safety of our Employees
- Maintain the high quality standards of our products and address quality items with a high sense of urgency
- Work with a team of employees to operate and optimize high speed equipment and technology, including collaboration with Maintenance and Process Support staff
- Perform product and grade changeovers based on the planned schedule
- Maintain, monitor, troubleshoot, and/or adjust equipment and technology to maximize performance, as well as input measurements into computer systems
- Respond to defects or issues with the machine, i.e., lights, alarms and visual indicators to ensure conformance to company standards
- Handle and feed a variety of raw materials into machinery and equipment required to maintain production
- Perform general housekeeping duties to support safety and quality standards
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Concerned you don’t meet every requirement? Research has shown that many people only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. At Irving Tissue, we are focused on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated and encouraged to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are concerned you may not fit the requirements perfectly, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be exactly who we’re looking for with this role or others we have available!