Opportunities for Industrial Mechanic Tradespersons
City : Saint John
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Miscellaneous merchant wholesalers
Employer : J.D. Irving
OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC TRADESPERSONS
Are you looking for an Industrial Mechanic Tradesperson opportunity with a Company that invests in its people and operations? The Pulp & Paper Division is hiring for future opportunities within our four Pulp and Paper Mills located out of Saint John and St. George, New Brunswick. We produce a combined 1 million tonnes of product and employ over 1000 employees.
- Mechanical Tradesperson work in multiple operational areas within the Mills as fully flexible tradespersons to carry out daily maintenance requirements in an efficient manner. These roles can be shift-work or day work and there is occasional requirement for overtime, on-call or shift relief and requirement to support mill shutdowns.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Industrial Mechanic Red Seal Journeyperson or successful completion of 2-year Mechanical Technician Program
- An ability to work in a team environment and to assume responsibility and work with minimal supervision
What We Offer:
- Competitive rates of pay starting at $32 - $43 per hour depending on experience.
- A flexible health, drug, dental, and vision plan
- RRSP matching program
- Paid vacation time
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Health & Wellness reimbursements, includes gym memberships and fitness classes
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities
Who We Are:
Our team operates within a highly technical, fast paced, competitive business and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products for today’s consumer markets. We are exceeding Paris Climate Accord Targets and, through our forest products supply chain, absorbing more carbon than we emit.
We are not just invested in forest products; we are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to a successful team.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online today.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
JD Irving’s Pulp & Paper Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.