Operator – Highway Maintenance
City : Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category : Full time Equipment Operation
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:Are you tired of being on the road? Looking to be home at night and to be a bigger part of your community? Ledcor Highway Maintenance has long-term stable career opportunities. With guaranteed long-term contracts of at least 7 years in length, Ledcor offers you the stability of year-round or seasonal employment, and the chance to make long-term plans all while being part of a great team dedicated to safe operations and keeping our highways and communities safe.
We are looking for enthusiastic and team-oriented people to join our team that helps keep our Ontario provincial Highways safe. You have an AZ or DZ license and a desire to work for an industry leading employer and great community-minded organization. We offer industry-leading wages, excellent training, benefits, and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company. You will be responsible for winter and seasonal maintenance of Ontario highways using various heavy equipment.
Join Ledcor’s Highway team today!
Click on the link below to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join the Ledcor Highways team in various locations the Sault Ste. Marie CDMC.
- Operate snowplow trucks, wheel loaders, and other heavy equipment as required
- Maintain Ontario Provincial Highways on a seasonal or year-round basis, including assisting with Labourer duties (pothole repair, guardrail repair, bridge and signage cleaning, hazard remediation, etc.)
- Work outside in all weather conditions
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks
- Must possess a valid AZ or DZ driver’s license
- Must provide a copy of a 3-year driver’s abstract
- Previous experience operating a snowplow truck and/or wheel loader is a strong asset
- As we respond to various weather patterns, some shift work, on-call, and night shift will be required
- Camp-based work is available in certain locations
- Potential to accommodate rotational shifts is available
- Benefits & RSPs to be provided
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.