City : Fort McMurray, AB; Edmonton, AB
Category : Full time Equipment Operation
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:When you join Ledcor you will be part of a team that strives for continuous improvement, gives back to the communities in which we work and supports career growth & development.
Employer: Ledcor RMC Services Ltd.
Business Address: Suite 1200-1067 Cordova Street W, Vancouver, BC V6C 1C7
Term: 2 years (time limited position, project based)
Number of Positions: 100
Language of Work: English
Wage: $44.87/hour (as per existing collective agreement with CLAC).
Schedule of 14 days on 7 days off, 10 hours per day shift rotation.
Overtime at 1.5 times wage rate after 8 hours/day (as per existing collective agreement).
Benefits Package: Benefits (as per existing collective agreement with CLAC) including extended health coverage, dental, optical, prescription drug plan, short term & long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & disability coverage and emergency travel.
Location of work: Fort McMurray area and Edmonton area.
Site-based, camp accommodation provided
Provide Charter Flights from either Edmonton or Calgary, or travel allowance for out-of-province candidates
Our Fort McMurray Industrial projects are stable and long-term. This means you can plan for your future, whether that means saving for your child’s education or your next amazing vacation.
Did we mention camp and travel allowance are provided? Take advantage of this opportunity and apply today.
As an Operator you will be an integral part of the Ledcor Industrial team. For you, safety and quality are a priority and you are proud of your work at the end of each day.
Join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray area and Edmonton area today!
- Operate 572, 583 and 594 models in order to move pipe/welding/bolt up.
- Effectively and safely operate hydraulic sidebooms utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks.
- Work effectively and safely in tandem with other sidebooms to transport spools
- Utilize sideboom in adverse terrain, and tailing pond operations, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds
- Previous experience operating sidebooms in a pipeline or industrial environment considered an asset
- Must be able to interpret capacity chart(s) and identify the rigging requirements
- Must be able to understand the capacity of each component and the relationships between the length of the boom, length of cable, cable size and load limits
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have a valid Driver's License and clear 3-year driver's abstract
- Must possess valid CSO or BSO certificate
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, work at heights, be agile and able to go on/off equipment.
- Long term projects, site based, camp provided
- Charter Flights from either Edmonton or Calgary, or travel allowance for out-of-province candidates who qualify
- 14 days on 7 days off, 10 hours per day shift rotation
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent’s largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.