Operations Senior Manager
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As the Chief Audit Executive (CAE) Group Resource / Operations Senior Manager, you will work closely with our strategy and process engineering teams to actively shape and enhance our overall resource allocation processes and related tools involving ~ 500 FTE and Contractors globally. Once the new processes and tools are implemented this role will be the key point person to identify, allocate, monitor, analyze and report on the deployment of the CAE Group resources. Vendor management, reporting and the optimization of external resources will be a key component of this opportunity.
At RBC CAE Group, you'll be part of one of the most progressive assurance and risk groups in North America.
With an unparalleled view across the business, you'll be connecting knowledge, insight, and people to unlock opportunities for growth every day.
We're a team of advancing leaders, committed and curious, free to challenge ourselves and the status quo.
Now is the time to move from best practice to next practice - to secure a better future.
What will you do?
- Design and implementation of new processes and tools: Provide input into the redesign of various resource / scheduling processes and drive change and adoption with respect to overall resourcing
- Ensure the accuracy of the resourcing scheduling data: Act as the primary point person for the end to end resource scheduling process and working collaboratively with various teams in the CAE Group ensure the tool continuously reflects the current information
- Analysis: Proactively identify and validate deficits and surpluses of resources across the CAE Group
- Reporting: Produce insightful, timely and actionable reports / dashboards
- Allocation of resources: Working closely with the scheduling leads, optimize the utilization of all types of resources (FTE, Retirees, Contractors from various firms, Shared Service …)
- Vendor Management: Build and maintain relationships with key vendors including the facilitation of the seamless end to end use of 3rd party resources
- Building on the above, work on continuously improving our resource management approach and systems to support our strategic vision in this area. This currently includes, moving beyond matching existing skills to demand and incorporating career development aspirations (skill development) into the resource management approach.
What do you need to succeed?
- Well organized, attention to detail, able to apply sound judgement, strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills and comfortable working with large data sets
- Ability to work independently with confidence in a dynamic business environment with time sensitive requirements.
- Relevant under graduate degree and proficient in project management
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills including being comfortable professionally challenging a variety of stakeholders
Nice to have
- Internal Audit experience
- Proficiency with data management / analytic tools
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.