Operations Manager, News Bureau regions, Bell Media, CP3
City : Quebec City, Quebec
Category : Media
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 403397
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Operations Manager, News Bureau regions (Saguenay, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivière, Québec, Abitibi, Central Québec, Montérégie and Bas-St-Laurent)
- Define the daily information offer for the regions under his responsibility, ensuring that it corresponds to the vision and ensuring its execution by the teams for the various platforms (radio, TV and web)
- Manage the regional newsroom staff (producers, journalists) and daily operations
- In collaboration with the regional production team and the Senior Technical Operations Manager, assigns staff as needed
- Generate ideas for stories, features, angles for both TV and digital that will set Noovo Info apart
- Coach hosts, reporters and contributors on their on-air, TV and radio delivery
- Oversee the production of regional TV and radio newscasts with the collaboration of the producers responsible, ensuring that they meet the requirements
- Provide feedback on regional newscasts, features and radio bulletins to ensure that they are in line with Noovo Info's vision
- In collaboration with the DG of Information and his team of local content producers, hire and monitor the performance of employees under his direction
- Manage budget within established parameters, supervise the team of producers and ensure replacement of absences in case of vacation/sickness, prepare schedules, track and account for staff overtime
- Prepare in advance a schedule for busy vacation periods and special news coverage periods
- Ensure compliance with CRTC license conditions for various newsletters
- Other related duties
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing a team of producers, reporters, editors or directors in a television news or information content environment
- Proven track record in television news production
- People and results-oriented leader who knows how to effectively engage a team
- Proven skills in day-to-day ideation and production of news programs
- Strong news sense and experience in managing breaking events and specials
- Experience in managing a radio team is an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Quebec City
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 09/08/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.