Operations Manager, Global Mobility
City : Toronto
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Operations Manager, Global Mobility - ( 240000M9 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works to support operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 28,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Our Functional Services Team includes Corporate Development, Finance, HR, HSSE, IT, Legal, Marketing/Communications, Practice Services and Real Estate and Procurement. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Human Resources.
We are looking for a Global Mobility Operations Manager to join our passionate, collaborative and results-driven team. As part of the HR Talent Services team of subject matter experts focused on employee experience, the Global Mobility Operations Manager will oversee the day-to-day global mobility operations across all regions. The role will be critical in ensuring consistent administration of our mobility services around the globe.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the Global Mobility team by providing guidance and support to team members while ensuring global mobility services are delivered with exceptional customer service and employee experience.
- Ensure the Global Mobility team develops packages that are compliant with regional laws, regulations and global practices and demonstrate consistent execution of framework, policy and procedure.
- Review cost estimates, assignment/relocation letters and other supporting global mobility documentation as required.
- Work closely with the Global Mobility team to ensure key participants and stakeholders at all levels are updated throughout any mobility process.
- Consult with and provide advice to the business on complex cross-border business requirements, including risks, global mobility best practices and internal policy/practice requirements with the support of the Global Mobility Director.
- Partner with the business to provide responsive and time critical advice and guidance in respect of new overseas bids and overseas resources/new assignment enquiries.
- Collaborate with colleagues to manage extremely complex or sensitive cases effectively.
- Manage the development and maintenance of internal global mobility operating procedures and templates for international relocations, assignments, business travel and remote work to successfully implement, operationalize global mobility initiatives, and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Support the Global Mobility Director with continuous improvement, reviewing and challenging processes and practices, and making recommendations for improvements and enhancements.
- Promote communication to ensure that key messages regarding global mobility are understood by internal stakeholders (such as, Talent Acquisition, Business Centers Leaders, HR Business Partners, Finance and Payroll).
- Collaborate with the Global Mobility Director to actively manage and monitor the performance and service quality of the relevant external providers to ensure outstanding customer service and policy/practice compliance.
- Lead and supervise team members through setting goals, assigning tasks, monitoring performance, and providing feedback and coaching.
- Consistently display leadership behaviors that encourage productive working relationships and a strong performance culture.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in Global Mobility case management.
- Expert knowledge regarding end-to-end global mobility issues and complexities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and influence internal and external stakeholders along with strong communication, presentation and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated focus on effective development, coaching and mentoring.
- Strong leaderships skills, the ability to delegate and demonstrate accountability, while holding the team accountable for work through to completion.
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase efficiency, effectiveness and reduce cost.
- The ability to build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and employees at all levels.
- Excellent organizational and pro-active planning skills, while having the ability to manage competing tasks and priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to provide practical solutions while managing compliance and practice requirements.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to use sound judgment to drive complex issues to solution.
- Comfortable working with assignments/relocations to locations that may not have established processes or have had previous assignments.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and strong focus on employee experience.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in managing the day-to-day operations of a global mobility function with a strong focus on people leadership is required.
- In-house Global Mobility experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of global mobility, immigration and tax issues in various regions including Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America and North America is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Travel may be required from time to time, expected at 10%.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $106,000 - $159,000 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC (Lower Mainland includes Vancouver & Burnaby)
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1197 HR Talent Services-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 9, 2024, 11:08:58 AM
Req ID: 240000M9
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans