Operations Manager – Civil
City : Toronto, ON; Sault Ste. Marie, ON; Sudbury, ON; Ottawa, ON
Category : Full time General Management
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are an experienced Operations Manager with a heavy civil background who will lead our growing Ontario-based heavy civil and mining division. Recognized as an authority across the Ledcor organization and external clients, you will be responsible for safety, quality, and profit loss management of projects for the branch while ensuring corporate objectives are achieved. You will use your knowledge and experience to focus work and drive long term objectives.
You will be responsible for both the strategic and day to day business leadership of projects within the branch. You are forward-thinking and look at the big picture with the goal of making Ledcor a stronger organization.
We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join our Heavy Civil & Mining team in Toronto, Ontario!
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities
- Works collaboratively with safety personnel to ensure adherence to Ledcor’s Corporate safety programs and policies
- Oversees and manages multiple project teams to ensure the successful delivery of complex commercial construction projects to completion. Responsible for directing the day to day activities of project teams to attain project milestones and goals, while meeting or exceeding delivery schedules and budgets
- Establishes project plan for designated branch projects in conjunction of project team by defining scope of work and deliverables. Supports and assists project teams to ensure successful delivery of the project
- Provides expertise in construction planning and scheduling across a number of key projects by collaboratively working with project teams to identify sequence of key construction activities
- Manages, and is accountable for, costs and profitability of projects through the development of financial and operational objectives. Assists in or develops the operating budget, ensures that the branch meets the defined targets in terms of deadlines and budgets by reviewing work requirements, schedules, and cost reports on a regular basis
- Mentors, guides and coaches direct reports to expand their capabilities by adhering to Human Resources processes and procedures involving: on-boarding, performance management reviews, recruitment activities, training, succession planning, transfers, promotions and salary increases
- Visits project sites regularly to ensure all projects are well executed in accordance with corporate goals and contractual requirements
- Maintains strong relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and clients/consultants to ensure client needs are met and ensure future business opportunities
- Establishes a culture of proactive business development through client, consultant, subcontractors, supplier and trade relationship building, industry specific networking and community involvement while building the Ledcor local and national brand
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Completion of post secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline
- 15+ years of related experience on a large civil or mining projects; With at least 7-10 years of leadership experience
- Possesses strong client sector relationships within the region
- Strong understanding of scope of work and risk transfer covered in the head contract and the impact on individual sub contracts
- Superior communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with senior management
- Excellent organizational, planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and ensure that the business outcomes are being achieved
- Strong technical knowledge of modern construction practices, documents, drawings, schedules, technologies, equipment, industry practices and contract negotiations.
- Ability to be based out of Toronto is preferred
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.