City : Toronto
Category : General Management
Industry : Paper manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
The Operations Leader is responsible for leading and motivating the operations team to deliver results in key areas of safety, quality, productivity, housekeeping, waste reduction, asset utilization, human resource objectives and continuous improvement. The successful candidate will provide leadership for daily operations, develop plans for future growth and development of the employees, the asset, and the operation. This position will be responsible and accountable for all operational decisions, problem solving, and follow-ups as required for their asset.
Are you an energetic individual with a Can-Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferred)
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical abilities with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills with experience in leading change with operating teams.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and detail-oriented with a high level of commitment and self-motivation.
- Excellent systems and computer skills.
- Experience with high-speed paper machines an asset.
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Proactively coordinate and lead the asset manufacturing operation to ensure the achievement of department objectives with respect to Safety, Quality, Operation, Cost, People.
- Ensure compliance to plant safety programs and policies and communicate safety issues/concerns to all asset team members.
- Ensure operating standards and processes are developed and adhered to across the asset area of responsibility.
- Responsible for ensuring asset(s) are maintained to the required standard with the necessary tools, materials and supplies.
- Coordinate maintenance and operational resources both daily and during preventative maintenance outages.
- Develop and drive implementation of area initiatives to support the department and site multi-year vision.
- Develop a climate which encourages the participation and involvement of all employees to continuously improve processes and systems.
- Lead asset teams, maintenance teams and suppliers to evaluate and recommend both product and process improvements.
- Ensure housekeeping and overall department appearance meet or exceed company standards
- Coach/develop/mentor Process Techs, Process Engineer and Operations team members
- Lead teams through trouble-shooting exercises leading to process stability and improvement.
What We Offer
Irving Tissue is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & family assistance programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Concerned you don’t meet every requirement? Research has shown that many women only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. At Irving Tissue, we are focused on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated and encouraged to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are concerned you may not fit the requirements perfectly, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be exactly who we’re looking for with this role or others we have available!
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.