Operations Knowledge Management Specialist
City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Engineering
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Knowledge is one of most important assets to an organization, it bridges the gap between various departments by sharing relevant and current Knowledge Based resources to ensure a best-in-class customer experience. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts across our organization, giving you the opportunity to stretch your technical writing capabilities and make a difference for our internal and external customers. As part of the recruitment process, successful candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks.
What you will do:
- Creating and reviewing technical knowledge articles.
- Support NOC, TAC, Engineering, and other stakeholders to standardize the documentation process.
- Review and rewrite the articles if required.
- Accountable for template creation, defining workflow and categorization of the articles.
- Work towards standardization, continuous improvement, and simplification of the Knowledge process.
- Maintain and govern the Knowledge platform and process.
- Assist the transition of documentations from Project teams to that of Service Owner post New Product or Service Launch.
- Identify the missing documentation for any platform or service and coordinating with the rightful owners to update the same.
- Facilitate training or working sessions with the internal teams to assist with the creation of knowledge articles.
- Responsible for creating and updating communications for Technology Operations: Emails, Yammer (Internal Blog), Newsletter, Announcements.
What you bring:
- Minimum 2 years related work experience in a technical writing role.
- Strong understanding of Network concepts in Access and Core Layers.
- Experience in telecom industry is an asset.
- Work effectively as an individual with minimal supervision
- Able to influence and interact effectively with all levels and various groups in the organization
- Experience with ITIL methodologies and industry best practices
- Excellent understanding of the principles of Knowledge Management
- Strong customer-focused and problem-solving skills and exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong communicator who can initiate and continue interactions with the SME’s who share their insights and knowledge and translate it into Technical Documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in shifting priorities, multi-task and keep-up with a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in JIRA / Confluence, MS Office Suite.
- Experience with using basic or intermediate HTML.
- Basic understanding of coding is an asset.
- College Degree or Diploma in the Computer Science, Network or any related field is a must.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 285447
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what’s right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology