Operations Engineer In Line Inspection
City : Calgary
Category : Engineering/Technology
Industry : Oil and Gas Services
Employer : Baker Hughes
Would you like to help the team to solve customer challenges in the energy industry?
Do you enjoy creating engineering solutions?
Join our innovating Process & Pipeline Services team!
Process & Pipeline Services (PPS) supports the full lifecycle of customers' asset from pre-commissioning to decommissioning. We help to reduce corrosion, improve efficiency and maximize throughput. Our solutions for pre-commissioning, commissioning, In-line inspection and maintenance shutdowns include specialized services for oil and gas, power generation, metals and mining, and other process industries.
Partner with the best
As an Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for the evaluation and specification of PII equipment design and modifications. You will be the first point of contact for all technical queries for PII products.
As an Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Working on engineering solutions to mechanical, electronic and handling equipment problems, to suit a particular operation.
- Developing meaningful and effective solutions to meet tight timescales and budget, while facilitating proper communication between all stakeholders.
- Providing approved tool builds to Operations on time, to enable timely mobilization and running of commercial jobs.
- Producing layouts, design schemes, and drawings that fully define the problem and the proposed solution(s).
- Performing technical analysis of client needs: definition and optimization of the products; scope; schedule; industrial scheme; cost, considering contract and internal policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that documentation produced for each project undertaken provides sufficient detail to allow the operation to be repeated in the future.
- Supporting the production/manufacture/assembly of the solutions designed, overcoming any problems encountered but still considering standardization, value engineering, and maintainability.
- Carrying out failure investigation (FIT) on in-field failures and root cause analysis (RCA) to prevent re-occurrence of problems.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering/Technology).
- Be experienced in delivering quality in all aspects of processes undertaken
- Have experience as a first point in assisting clients with technical support
- Have experience solving complex electro-mechanical problems
- Be results oriented, self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and remotely.
- Have the ability to use past experience and technical knowledge to achieve solutions to complex problems within agreed budget and timescales
- Display excellent communication skills and willingness to travel worldwide to site to resolve problems.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you! As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning workAbout Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.