Operations Assistant, Overnight
City : Toronto (GTA), ON
Category : Manufacturing/Production Operations
Industry : Food and Beverage Production
Employer : Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada Bottling!
Coke Canada Bottling is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centres, and five production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love.
We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Life™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, and A&W®.
About This Opportunity
As an Operational Assistant you will be responsible for maintaining relationships with our suppliers, ordering materials, overlooking inventory, analyze data and trends and work with cross-functional teams to insure the operations run smoothly. This position is based out of Weston, Toronto/North York
Shift: Mon to Thursday – 10 hrs – 7 pm to 5 AM AND/OR
Friday to Sunday - 12 hrs- 7 PM to 7 AM
- Ordering raw materials, maintain relationship with supplier, receiving and invoice management
- Reconcile/Monitor inventory and raw material; identifying variances and resolve discrepancies.
- Reporting, data maintenance in SAP, maintain shift reports, tracking for production volume, line performance, yield
- Lead/participate in facility projects, collect, analyze data
- Monitor production schedule and production performance
- Troubleshoot breakdowns and perform root cause analysis
- Analyze data for improvement and monitor production performance
- Back up for production supervisor
- Supervise production crew, employee management, schedule manpower
- Conduct crew talks and training with employees
- Assist in updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Support TPM/AM activity
- Prepare presentation and report out
- Strong computer skills, Experience with SAP, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, Word.
- Degree or diploma in engineering, science or business management
- 2-3 years relevant experience preferable.
- Must be able to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet target deadlines
All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada Bottling”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification and drivers abstract review. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regards to this once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada Bottling is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with several programs, policies and resources in place to support our people. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada.com.
For more information about Coke Canada Bottling, please visit cokecanada.com