Open Source Analyst
City : Ottawa
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks and development tools, and provides expert support and services for building the world’s most critical embedded systems. We are the embedded experts. BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded, and provides time-tested and trusted foundation software, including our deterministic microkernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems.
BlackBerry QNX software is trusted by more than 68% of the Electric Vehicle market by volume, 23 of the top 25 EV manufacturers and is running in more than 175 million vehicles globally. Our foundation products have been pre-certified to ISO 26262 ASIL D and we offer a broad range of board support packages, professional services, AUTOSAR adaptive support and middleware solutions – from acoustic management, to digital cockpits to advanced driving assistance (ADAS) - to accelerate development and help OEMs meet Start of Production (SOP) dates.
Purpose of Job:
BlackBerry QNX has been a leading provider of operating systems in the embedded systems marketplace for over 30 years. Our products are used extensively in a wide range of systems: high-speed trains, in-vehicle infotainment, medical devices, advanced vision systems, and lots lots more. If you are a techie who has an interest in the bigger picture including law and security, then we’re looking for you.
Although Neutrino, our microkernel, is proprietary and closed-source, QNX products leverage open source software such as GCC, Python, OpenSSL, WebKit, and hundreds more. In addition, QNX publishes some of our original work under open source licenses. Our Open Source Software Team is seeking an Open Source Analyst to assist in managing open source software: selection, maintenance, license compliance, and contributions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and utilize static analysis tools (Black Duck and Klocwork) to assess risk and triage defects
- Participate in development of team tools/systems and liaise with engineers in SCM, build, and integration
- Establish comprehension of IP law/licenses and build “go to” credibility with lawyers
- Prepare 3rd-party license compliance and liaise with product management in release
- Assist in maintenance of in-market open source software
- Degree/diploma in CS/Math/Eng or 2-3 years experience in a simliar role.
- General comprehension of C/C++: including compilation tools (make, autoconf, automake, cmake, etc)
- Linux administration including command-line tools/scripting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, exceptional independent research skills, and strong communication skills
- General comprehension of SDLC and demonstrated ability to develop software
- Comprehension of IP law/licensing principles including open source license compliance.
- Database design and development; RESTful interface design and development
- Static analysis tools: Black Duck, Protecode, Palamida, Coverity, or Klocwork
- SCM and build tools: Subversion, Git, Jenkins
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40