Open Education Student Assistant
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 2102-Open Education
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
The Open Education (OE) Assistant provides support for various open education
initiatives and projects, including the development of open educational resources
(OER). The OE Assistant responsibilities include supporting Pressbooks publishing
projects through assistance with attribution, citation, captioning, alt-text, H5P
development and conversion. The incumbent follows appropriate style guides to ensure
consistent look and feel of publishing projects. The OE Assistant supports the collection,
management, and reporting of data for the Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) program through
the data preparation, clean-up, and organization. The incumbent may be called upon to
support other open education projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Migrate OER to open platforms
- Ensure that OER follow appropriate attribution, citation, and accessibility
- Execute copyediting changes received from copyeditor
- Process data indentifying ZTC course sections
- Create data visualizations with updated ZTC program statistics
- Provide BCcampus with KPU OER adoption information
- Provide feedback on KPU’s open publishing process
PREFERED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Preference given to students with experience in one or more of the following areas
- Familiarity with open practices, licensing, and values
- Open platforms, including Pressbooks, WordPress, and H5P
- Creating data visualizations using Power BI
- Citation styles
- Best practices for accessibility in an online environment
This position is reserved for KPU Students.
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.