Ontario Land Surveyor/Project Manager
City : Stoney Creek
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Ontario Land Surveyor/Project Manager - ( 2200004P )
Stantec Geomatics Ltd. is seeking a Ontario Land Surveyor/Project Manager to develop prospects in any of our Ontario Southwest offices, including Waterloo, London, Markham or Hamilton. This position involves the supervision of a dedicated team of survey technologists and technicians and liaising with clients and team leads from other disciplines. This position will appeal to those individuals who enjoy a dynamic work environment where they can manage multifaceted projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Project Management including: preparing proposals, project research, project computations, field and office staff supervision, plan review, signing plans, reporting and timely delivery on final returns.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for survey calculations, analysis and final plan checking, and client relations.
- Manage multiple projects as an Owner’s Representative. Managing the approved scope, budget and schedule are of utmost importance.
- Communicates daily with the client and project team.
- Monitors projects from initiation through delivery, interfacing with clients on technical matters.
- Works directly with project team members, to include other registered surveyors, engineers, and technical and survey staff.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with GPS and total station survey equipment
- Experience with survey computational and least squares adjustment software (Micro Survey and AutoCAD) an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements
- Eager to learn and develop professionally
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Geomatics, Surveying or related field, with a Minimum of 7-8 years of experience. Experience with managing geomatics projects and/or Licensed Ontario Land Surveyor.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Markham
Job : Land Surveying Professional
Organization : BC-1614 Community Development-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 13, 2022, 3:56:27 PM
Req ID: 2200004P
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans