On-Site Critical Incident Counsellor
City : London
Category : Part-time Hourly
Industry : *Service Provider
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Homewood Health is Canada's leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
Homewood Health™ is looking for an experienced crisis management specialist to provide workplace trauma response and organizational crisis management services on an occasional, contract basis, based in London, Ontario.
What you'll be doing
· Respond to requests to deliver on-site CMS services in a timely, clinically appropriate and professional manner; consistent with the unique needs of each critical incident and organizational culture
· Deliver On-site Crisis Management Services that include individual and group crisis interventions, debriefings, and corporate client consultation
· Communicate closely with CMS Managers throughout provision of services
· Document services delivered in accordance with Homewood Health requirements
What we're looking for
· A Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, counselling, or a related field
· Minimum 2 years of workplace crisis management experience
· Formal training in trauma response, psychological first aid and critical incident response (e.g. CISM; NOVA, Psychological First Aid, or related accredited training)
· Registration or clinical membership with relevant governing body
· Professional liability insurance coverage of $2,000,000 or as otherwise determined by Homewood Health™
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
· Written and verbal French language fluency is an asset
· Must be flexible, accessible and available to respond after hours periodically during the week and week-ends
· Exceptional assessment, crisis management-clinical skills and customer service delivery
· Demonstrated crisis based, clinical judgment and intervention skills to support traumatic events impacting employees and the workplace
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook)
Why work with us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer competitive wages and professional development opportunities, along with opportunities to engage with a community of clinicians from a variety of professional backgrounds across Canada who are part of our community of practice. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.