OLB Inside Sales Associate
City : Montreal, QC, CA, H3A3L6
Category : Financial Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174413
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As the Inside Sales Associate, Scotia iTrade, you are responsible for managing all inbound telephone calls or emails from existing and new clients for account openings and brokerage transfers.
You are an expert in onboarding clients and in providing a high standard of professional and personalized client experience consistent with our Scotia iTrade business priorities.
Your primary accountabilities include the acquisition of new online brokerage accounts, building strong client relationships and managing seamless end to end client onboarding experiences.
Is this role for you? In this role you will:
- Onboard iTrade clients using a consultative approach and with targeted conversations about the products, services and associated offers relevant to the client.
- Transition new and existing clients to an appropriate service channel for ongoing relationship management upon completion of initial onboarding activities.
- Achieve client acquisition and engagement goals through uncovering client needs and providing relevant solutions. These assigned goals include specific external assets and sales activity and along with other objectives relating to teamwork, customer service standards and personal development.
- Utilize effective questioning skills to gather client information accurately and comprehensively to enable long term Scotia iTrade client relationships. This includes asking probing questions, listening, explaining features and benefits and handling objections in accordance with the Customer Experience model.
- Foster strong client relationships and pro-actively deepen client relationships by applying the Customer Experience Model and Global Sales Principles during discovery conversations with clients.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of Scotia iTrade products and services as well as the policies and procedures necessary to respond appropriately to client inquiries.
- Assume responsibility for all client inquiries / concerns / complaints directed to him/her by resolving those matters within his / her discretion to the client’s satisfaction as set out in the Bank’s Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures; and
- Ensure proper queue management is maintained so client transactions can be processed in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with key Bank partners to execute client acquisition and engagement strategies that will deepen client relationships across the bank.
- Develop and implement structured outbound calling strategies according to agreed upon growth objectives.
- Initiate sales opportunities by supplementing Partnership sales activities during high demand periods and campaigns; acting as a product line expert to clients and internal partners.
- Contribute to the implementation of Scotia iTrade marketing strategies (under the direction of the Manager) to maximize opportunities for business growth.
- Demonstrate active listening to enable accurate capture of client information while comprehensively recognizing and resolving client needs to their satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of competitors’ products, services, and marketing initiatives; and being able to articulate how Scotia iTRADE products/services provide superior value.
- Process client requests (inquiries, transactions, onboarding) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information and ensure all transactions are compliant.
- Contribute to effective team morale and employee relations through positive interaction with peers, Sales & Partnerships team, as well as management.
Do you have the skills required to excel in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- 3+ years of sales experience in the financial services industry with preference given to sales thorough various distribution channels (Retail Bank, Global Wealth & Insurance (GWI) etc.)
- Inbound Contact Centre Sales Experience is an asset, preferably with some experience in Service
- Expert communication and presentation skills
- Expert interpersonal & negotiation skills
- The ability to expertly build and maintain key relationships, influence and persuade others
- Knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, economic conditions in the online brokerage business
- Successful completion of Canadian Securities Course (CSC) an asset
- Post-Secondary education is an asset
- Registration as an IR or IRO is an asset
- Fluency in English/French
“Pursuant to a language needs assessment conducted by Scotiabank, the successful candidate will be required to be able to communicate in English in addition to French because they will be required to work closely with other groups from head office who operate primarily in English and they will serve and English-speaking clientele.”
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.